Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happies

I'm catching up from a couple months ago.  So....


Happy Anniversary


In June, we celebrated our 4-year anniversary by dining at PF Chang's.  My family watched Emerson while we went out. The best part was the Great Wall of Chocolate dessert.  Yum to the max.  Dare I say it beats Macaroni Grill's cake or even Magelby's famous chocolate cake??





At any rate, it was delicious.  Will surprised me with a bouquet of roses the night before - I have the best husband ever.  They were so pretty.  Sorry - no pictures of us.


Happy Birthday


In July, I birthday-ed.  The big two-four.  24.  My birthday this year was great, but I wish there was some kind of advancement as each birthday came.  Ya know - like baptism at 8, driving at 16, buying dry ice at 18. Or do you have to be 21 to buy dry ice?  I don't really know any more since that is so in the past.  I think we should have a new privilege for each age, though.  Maybe 24 can give you a discount on your utilities bill or something of the sort.  That sounds nice.  


Anyway, I was able to jet out early from work since we were slow due to the holiday weekend.  We ate dinner at Olive Garden.  Olive Garden must not believe in birthdays because they didn't even have a free scoop of ice cream to offer.  It's ok, though, because my innards are practically all calamari now since I stuffed myself full of it.  


We went to the booths at Provo's Freedom Days Festival and walked around for a while after dinner.  I bought 2 hats which are so cute (see below for much hat cuteness).  For my birthday, I also got another hat from my parents.  I got some coupons - one for a mani/pedi from my sis and another for getting my hair done from my hubby.  My in-laws gave me a pretty scarf and a new purse with a fleur de lis bling thing on it.  Gorgeous.


Happy 4th of July


I made a great cake for the 4th of July.  I got the idea from here and altered the design just a little bit.  I also made the cakes and frosting from scratch rather than from a box.  I used the white cake and buttercream frosting recipes from Mary Engelbreit's book.  


It turned out adorable and tasted great, too.  Cake from scratch beats box cake any day.  






In short, happy 4th to us, happy 24th to me, and happy 235th to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment