Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mother's Day

For my first Mother's Day, we were in Arizona and got to spend some time with Will's mom.  Although we traveled for most of the day, gifts were exchanged in the morning. Patty gave me a cookbook that looks like it has some really great recipes in it.  Kitchen/cooking/anything-to-do-with-food items are always a great choice for gifts and Patty nailed it again.  I can't wait to try some!


When I returned from Arizona, my mom gave me a frame that holds four generations of mothers.  It includes pictures of me and 3 generations back of photos as young mothers.  I love it and have just sat admiring it multiple times since I've received it.   What a beautiful gift.




Will gave me a bejeweled hat - I'd been eying (is that how that's spelled? is that even technically a word?) one at Taipan for a while, but then one time I went in to buy check on it (because I couldn't bring myself to buy it since it wasn't a need), AND IT WAS GONE!  Oh, turkey muffins!  Nooooo!  So then I completely regretted not buying it and wished upon a star that I would have when I could have.  Fast forward to our AZ trip and viola! a hat just like Taipan's for a similar price.  Yessss!  Happy Mother's Day to me.


Will also let me have a trip to a jewelry store in AZ where everything was $2.  What?! (said in the voice of a minion)  Such. A. Find!  And everything was color coordinated in sections so I could go to the section where my wardrobe tends to be and just pick out matching jewelry.  So great.


I decided to give our mothers a framed gift of Emerson's silhouette.  It was super hard to get Emerson to hold still so I could trace his profile- gotcha!  ok, really I just took a picture of his profile, cut it out, then painted it black. Easy peasy. It was such a fun project and turned out so cute.  I might just have to make one for myself now.


2 comments:

  1. you have gotta take me to that one shop with 2$ jewelry. next time you go to az, call me first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture frame with four generations has got to be the coolest mother's day gift ever!

    ReplyDelete