Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baby Oil....for adults?

Oh yes! Maybe the reason people get bad skin is because they stop using baby products :) Sensitive (meaning annoying) skin runs in my family. My grammie has the driest skin ever, my sisters have eczema, and who doesn't deal with acne sometime in their life? Well after dealing with all 3 of said problems and after trying intensive care lotions, medicated Gold Bond lotion, and a wide variety of facial cleansers/toners/lotions/anything-to-get-rid-of-that-zit-products, I decided to take some advice and try baby oil. It was at a Gerontology Conference that I learned to apply baby oil right after a shower/bath to keep in the moisture. I thought to myself, "If it works for babies and old people, why not me?" Last night was the first night of trial, and today has been heaven on earth. My skin feels great and is finally not itching every second of the day. I told Will that I didn't want to shower and get rid of the oil, but then I realized that I would just get to put some more on after my shower (!), so now I'm not opposed to the idea :) For anyone who is suffering from dry itchy winter skin, give baby oil a try. Let me know how it goes! (I actually have the baby oil gel because I was a little wary of the straight oil.)

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm going to get some next time I go to the store and I'll let you know what happens. I don't have excema anymore but I loved living in a humid area so that I never had to use lotion and I miss how my skin felt. One question though, does it leave you feeling greasy at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found something that works! I have tried a zillion different things for Ben's eczema. Now we use Eucerin cream. (Creams work way better than lotions.) It was hard to find something that didn't make him smell too girly though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I didn't feel as greasy as I was expecting to, but I was definitely shiny after putting it on :) I put it on before going to bed, so I didn't notice a lot of greasy, but maybe it'll be different during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quit being a baby, Bri...(duh, duh, ching) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! A few of our girls have the irksome eczema. What a curse that is. We will have to try the baby oil and report back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know what works well for dry skin? lotions without alcohol. same thing with dry hair. the lower the alcohol content, the happier your body :)

    ReplyDelete